This act consolidates Earned Income Tax Collection to countywide tax collection districts and standardizes the process starting Day 1 of 2012. Here’s the detailed explanation, here’s more on collection, and below are just some key points you’ll want to know:
- All employers must begin payroll withholding local earned income taxes.
- All self-employed personnel must be registered with Keystone Collections: 1-866-539-1100
- All employees must have completed a Pennsylvania Certificate of Residency Form. This form validates residency and worksite municipality.
- (The correct PSD code for the Borough of Millvale is 711202.)
- The tax rate for Millvale Borough is 1%. Half the amount collected goes to Shaler Area School District. All of it is used to operate the Borough, the School District, and the maintenance of order.
- Delinquent earned income and unpaid balances - the Borough is working hard to clear these up. How?
A 1% penalty per month for any outstanding balances
The local magistrate may file Civil/Criminal Citations
More fines, more fees, more penalties…
However, the Borough assists in clearing these records. Call the office at 412.821.2777 EXT. 3137 on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays and we will set you up with a repayment plan.
Municipalities and school districts can opt to set tax rates and who collects tax.